Help Us to Help Families and Children Across the GTA!
Please sponsor the BLG Construction Group's Women Build 2017 team and help break the cycle of poverty through affordable home ownership.
On September 21, my colleagues – female lawyers from BLG’s Construction Law practice – and I will build foundations and raise walls. We’re pulling together to help kick-start Habitat for Humanity’s largest build ever: 50 stacked townhouses in Scarborough, Ontario.
Habitat for Humanity’s Women Build program helps the dream of home ownership come true for underprivileged women and children. We are proud to be one of the 5,000 women who have volunteered in the Women Build program since 2009. Collectively, more than $4 million dollars has been raised and 85 homes built. But we’re just getting started! Please donate today and help make these townhouses a reality.
A Habitat home strengthens families and their children:
• 76% of homeowners report an improvement in children’s school grades
• 93% say it is now easy for their children to find space for doing school work
• 88% report an improvement in children’s confidence
• 81% report an improvement in children’s social lives
Homeownership strengthens communities:
• 97% of families feel pride in their new homes
• 72% of families reported an increase in neighbourly ties
• Respondents report a 135% increase in inviting visitors to their home
• 92% of respondents say they will remain in their Habitat for Humanity home for a very long time or can’t imagine ever moving.
Donations over $20 are eligible for an electronic tax receipt.